Eva’s Phoenix is a transitional housing and employment training facility for youth experiencing homelessness. It’s located in downtown Toronto.
- Are a young person aged 16 to 24 years old
- Are experiencing homelessness, at risk of being homeless, or precariously housed
- Are working on, or ready to work on, securing income from employment and/or social services (e.g. OW, ODSP, CAS)
- Are working on, or ready to develop and work on, goals related to employment, career and/or education
- Are working on, or ready to develop and work on, life skills such as healthy relationships with family and friends, self-care, cooking, housekeeping, and financial literacy
- Are working on, or ready to work on, becoming and staying mentally and physically healthy
- Are working on, or ready to work on, developing your support system, including supports from your community, family members, and friends
- Are thinking about, or ready to think about, your next step(s) for housing after your Phoenix experience
Each resident will:
- Save 30% or more of your gross income for housing post-Phoenix and other goals
- Live in a townhouse with 3 to 5 other young people
- Participate in weekly chores, twice monthly house meetings, and monthly deep cleans
- Participate in employment and/or education programs and opportunities
- Have your own bedroom with a shared kitchen and bathroom
- Participate in life skills and financial literacy workshops and opportunities
- Respect rules and expectations, including Health and Safety requirements, chores, guests, and authorized overnights
- Meet twice a week with a case manager
At Eva’s Phoenix, 50 young people live in 10 shared townhouse-style units. They get their own bedroom with a key and access to shared spaces such as bathrooms, kitchens, and study areas. While there, young people develop critical skills to live independently through caring individual support, workshops, and hands-on programs.
Apply to Live at Eva’s Phoenix
Want to apply to live at Eva’s Phoenix? If you are a young person working with a youth organization/agency, you can ask them to help you fill out and submit this application form. You can also fill out and send it in on your own.