Passionate about ending youth homelessness? Consider applying to join Eva’s Team.
Eva’s is an innovative and award winning organization devoted to the provision of services for homeless youth. We operate three facilities, Eva’s Place, Eva’s Satellite, and Eva’s Phoenix, as well as an administrative office to support strong service delivery. We hope to add to our vibrant, enthusiastic staff team with the following positions.
Youth Service Worker – Relief
Eva’s Initiatives for Homeless Youth provides safe shelter, supportive services, and long-term solutions to youth homelessness. We believe all young people deserve safe, affordable housing, great support, and access to the resources to reach their full potential.
The position works in a shelter environment with its associated stresses and with youth who may at-times be in crisis and may demonstrate related behaviours. Eva’s Satellite is an emergency shelter and harm reduction facility for homeless youth ages 16 – 24.
This position reports to the Residential Supervisor and is located at Eva’s Satellite: 25 Canterbury Place, North York, ON.
This position is looking for individuals with availability for Evenings, Overnights, and Weekends. Please state your availability in your application.
- Supervision of youth and shelter, ensuring safety and security measures are met
- Supportive counselling, crisis stabilization and conflict resolution
- Administrative duties and general household chores
- Participation in team activities and decision-making
- Providing programming support as identified
- Shift work that includes weekends
- College Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Child and Youth Work or a related field
- Experience working with homeless and at-risk youth, preferably in a residential setting with sound understanding of related issues and resources
- Experience working with diverse populations with sound understanding of principles of anti-oppression
- Knowledge and ability to integrate anti-oppression, critical disability, LGBTQ2S and trans-positivity, trauma, harm reduction, recovery approach in support to mental health and strengths-based principles into practice
- Familiarity with harm reduction principles and strategies
- Experience with crisis intervention, conflict resolution and de-escalation skills/techniques
- Demonstrated experience working with a team within a constructive communication model
- Shelter Standards, SMIS, Standard First Aid/CPR, crisis intervention training an asset
The position is unionized, with salary of $18.75 per hour with an additional 4% vacation pay.
Submit a cover letter and resume by September 27, 2018 to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate YSW Relief 2018-74 in your subject line and your availability in the email. No phone calls, please.
Documents must be sent in PDF Format. Any other documents will not be reviewed, thank you.
In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage applicants from equity seeking groups to apply.
Please note that as a condition of employment, the successful applicant must complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Reference Check. Eva’s would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Eva’s provides accommodation, accessible formats, and communication supports for the interview upon request