Passionate about ending youth homelessness? Consider applying to join Eva’s Team.
Eva’s is an innovative and award winning organization devoted to the provision of services for homeless youth. We operate three facilities, Eva’s Place, Eva’s Satellite, and Eva’s Phoenix, as well as an administrative office to support strong service delivery. We hope to add to our vibrant, enthusiastic staff team with the following positions.
Job Developer (Full-time, 12 month contract with the possibility of extension)
Eva’s Initiatives for Homeless Youth provides safe shelter, supportive services, and long-term solutions to youth homelessness. We believe all young people deserve safe, affordable housing, great support, and access to the resources to reach their full potential.
Eva’s Initiatives is an innovative organization that works locally and nationally to prevent, reduce and end youth homelessness. Eva’s Initiatives operates three specialized shelter facilities, Eva’s Place, Eva’s Satellite and Eva’s Phoenix. Eva’s Phoenix integrates transitional housing with employment and training opportunities for homeless youth.
This position is located at Eva’s Phoenix: 60 Brant Street, Toronto.
The Job Developer is responsible for providing employment/career support to youth, and developing job opportunities for our participants. The position involves outreach to employers, developing workplace training plans, placing participants in work experience or entry-level employment placements, and providing on-going support to participants. The candidate will coach, support and monitor participants in the initial stages of employment and maintain relationships with employers. The position is primarily responsible for developing job placements within our Service Canada-funded Youth Succeeding in Employment (YSEP) program, although future participation in other programs is possible.
The Job Developer is expected to bring current knowledge of the Toronto job market and, together with their colleagues, provide assistance in the development and maintenance of innovative programming that achieves the highest standards in employment practices and young adult education. This position involves case management, to include placing youth in employment roles, monitoring their progress and following up on long term employment goals;. The position is based in a shelter environment with its associated stresses, and with youth who may at times be in crisis and may demonstrate related behaviours.
The Job Developer will participate in the overall team approach of the agency, and the employment team. The position reports to the Manager, Employment and Training Programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of job development/marketing/recruitment strategies and tactics
- Knowledge of current labour market trends and employer needs in private and non-profit sectors
- Demonstrated ability to develop goals and service delivery plans with participants
- Knowledge of Service Canada and/or other employment programs involving administration of wage subsidies an asset
- Post-secondary education in social services (e.g. child and youth worker, social work, or career counselling), or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- Knowledge and understanding of at-risk, homeless and/or precariously housed youth facing employment barriers
- 2-3 years case management experience with at-risk youth or other marginalized populations
- Experience assisting with writing resumes and cover letters
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to establish new relationships with a diverse group of employers from various sectors
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Outlook, and cloud computing applications (e.g. OneDrive, Google Drive)
- Valid “G” driver’s license with own vehicle is an asset
- Strong presentation and marketing skills for use in partnership development, and creating relationships with new employers.
- Effective organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
Submit a cover letter and resume by October 19, 2018 to [email protected]. Be sure to indicate 2018-39 YSEP Job Developer in your subject line and your availability in the email. No phone calls, please.
Documents must be sent in PDF Format. Any other documents will not be reviewed, thank you.
In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage applicants from equity seeking groups to apply.
Please note that as a condition of employment, the successful applicant must complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Reference Check. Eva’s would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Eva’s provides accommodation, accessible formats, and communication supports for the interview upon request