Every caring person who wants to gives back follows their brain and their heart when they make giving decisions. Donating to Eva’s, an award-winning organization, makes good sense for both.
Charity Intelligence chose Eva’s as one of Canada’s top 10 high-impact charities, which deliver returns of 6 times for every dollar donated, compared to average returns of 1-2 times on the dollar.
How does Eva’s spend funds?
Every dollar centres around building young people up and making sure Eva’s has the capacity to make a difference. Of each $1 spent, approximately:
- 73 cents goes to Shelter, Transitional Housing, and Youth Programs (e.g. food, training, rooms)
- 12 cents goes to Organizational Admiration (e.g. finance management, information technology)
- 15 cents to goes to Fundraising (e.g. events, appeals)
The young lives and families you help at Eva’s are real. Read our stories to get an idea of how you can help build a pathway out youth homelessness to remarkable futures.
You enable young people to survive.
- Safe Refuge from the streets and scary circumstances, extreme cold and heat, protection from violence, and reprieve from marginalization and that feeling that “nobody cares”
- Nourishing meals that reflect their diverse backgrounds and meet the needs of their growing bodies
- Caring 24-7 support from Eva’s expert staff team to help them deal with trauma, crisis, and physical and mental health emergencies
You enable young people to thrive.
- Strong connections to family and community to heal and build the human networks we all need to live
- Life-saving harm reduction help to address substance use, addiction, and mental health concerns
- Education support and employment training
- Life skills training and practice to help them take care of themselves and others
- Recreation opportunities and (re)engagement in the arts
- Housing help to find and keep a home for life