“Does anybody care about me?”
Many youths struggling with homelessness can end up feeling like nobody cares and it’s an awful feeling. That’s why we’re so excited to be partnering with Camp Manitou to deliver homemade, hand decorated cookie grams to youth at Eva’s.
Each cookie gram comes with:
- Homemade, hand-decorated cookies
- Personalized, heartfelt notes from you and Camp Manitou campers
- Optional: Provision of a warm bed for a young person at Eva’s for the night
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- You buy a cookie gram for a youth resident at Eva’s and include a personalized, heartfelt note of love and encouragement.
- Camp Manitou campers hand-decorate homemade cookies and wrap them up. Campers also include a thoughtful message of support.
- Eva’s delivers the cookie grams and notes to youth for Valentine’s Day, spreading the love and encouragement of many people who care about them
WHO IS BAKING & DECORATING?
Campers from Camp Manitou will create the cookie grams for each of the 123 young people staying at Eva’s through their Manitou Cares program.
“These homemade cookie-grams will mean so much to the youth who often experience feelings of isolation during holidays,” says Alec of Camp Manitou.
MORE ABOUT CAMP MANITOU
Camp Manitou is a summer camp located in McKellar, Ontario for kids aged 7-16. Manitou believes in teaching children the core values of empathy and the importance of giving back to the world around them. Their Manitou Cares program allows campers to participate in 20 outreach initiatives throughout the year. This year, Eva’s is proud to be a selected charity.
MAKING THE COOKIE GRAMS
On Saturday, February 10th, Manitou Campers got together to hand decorate the homemade cookies for youth at Eva’s! Check it out!