We know that for youth to succeed, they need access to career and job training that will help them secure a job and get a “foot in the door” to the career of their choice. While they learn work skills, our staff can provide counselling, job placement assistance, housing search support, mentorship opportunities, follow-up support and a range of other services to help youth achieve and maintain self-sufficiency.
The goal of the Eva’s Phoenix Employment and Training Program is to provide homeless and at-risk youth with skills-based, experiential training that can help them identify career goals, access hands-on training, connect with on-the-job training placement or entry-level employment, and ultimately earn sufficient income to make the transition into independent living.
We help youth:
- Develop personal action plans on how to meet their employment goals
- Learn job readiness skills including resume and cover letter writing and interview skills
- With job searching and applications for employment and training programs
- Connect with industry specific training programs and build technical skills
- Access trainings including WHMIS, Smart Serve, Food Handlers, and other relevant trainings
- Access on-the-job training placements and/or entry-level employment through job development support
- Receive follow up support for a minimum of six months once employed
Construction and Building Maintenance Training
Graphic Communication and Print Training
Youth Succeeding in Employment