On October 20, youth from all three of Eva’s locations baked delicious treats for our 2015 Eva’s Taste Matters event. The youth at Eva’s Satellite made delicious pumpkin cupcakes. Below is the recipe, perfect for the fall weather we are having!
Makes 30 cupcakes)
For the cake:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- In large bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- In bowl of stand mixer cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add dry ingredients and milk, alternating until well combined. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Mix in pumpkin puree.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool frost with Cinnamon Cream Cheese icing.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed until well combined.
- Gradually add in confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon and mix until combined.
- Place icing in piping bag fitted with a large round tip and frost cupcakes.