Every Day, Eva’s provides shelter/housing for 123 young people aged 16 to 24.
Eva’s is an award-winning organization that provides shelter, transitional housing, and programming to help homeless and at-risk youth reach their potential to lead productive, self-sufficient, and healthy lives.
Emergency shelter for 40 youth
Emergency shelter for 33 youth with special health supports for addiction and/or mental health
Transitional housing facility for 50 youth and education and employment training
How Eva’s Prevents and Reduces Youth Homelessness:
- Family Reconnect Program counselling support to strengthen youth/family relationships and prevent youth homelessness
- Employment Training in high-demand fields, including construction and building maintenance and print and digital communications
- Educational Support to help youth access opportunities and achieve academic success (e.g. high school diploma, post-secondary studies)
- Independent Living Program that provides critical skill-building to help youth find and maintain housing and their health (e.g. cooking, financial literacy, conflict resolution)
- Recreation Program that provides physical activity opportunities and engagement in sports, health and wellness, and arts and culture
Learn more about what we do
Our Namesake, Eva Smith
Eva Maud Smith (1923-1993) was a Toronto community leader who shed light on hidden youth homelessness. Her trailblazing advocacy resulted in the opening of Eva’s Place in 1994.
Learn more about Eva Smith
Give Toronto’s street youth a fresh start.
Our award-winning programs have been proven to help homeless youth lead productive, self-sufficient and healthy lives.
Donate wishlist items